Thursday, January 12, 2006

Rain

I wrote this a while back. Rain always reminds me of life back home. Sipping a cup of hot tea and watching the heavens open up is one of those beautiful simple pleasures of life.

I wrote this during one such rainy day the last time I was back home. Hope y'all like it.

Like a bride's veil
Shielding all the turmoil inside
The sheets of rain thundering down
Dissolve everything in a blurry haze

The blowing wind once in a while
Guides a reluctant drop inside
My skin tingles under its touch
Almost a gesture to join the dance

The rain spatters off the leaves
As they try in vain to catch a few
Like a lover clutching the sands of hope
Waiting for that long lost love

A few trickle down the metallic power lines
Only to fall to the ground in mid journey
Akin to the rat race we reluctantly run
Only to know failure is just a mis-step away

The first step is the toughest
As the first few drops sting my skin
Then it is just a heavenly cleansing
But...what I need is a rain within.

1 comment:

Kyahgirl said...

lovely.